Sunday, August 17, 2008

The 2008 Olympics and Michael Phelps

I don't know how many of you have been watching this guy, but he is truly amazing.  Now I am going to be honest with you and tell you that I am not a sports fan.  For the most part, watching sports is of no interest to me, but when Michael Phelps is swimming I am glued to the TV.  I  can't fathom having the kind of drive and determination, let alone skill this guy has.  At the age of 23, he has already won more Olympic Gold medals and more Golds in one set of Olympic games than anyone ever in the entire history of the Olympics.  That means that this young man is the top Olympian of all time.  That is pretty impressive.  What is even more impressive is the fact that he can swim at an even pace for a lap or two and then take off for an extreme lead over his competitors almost like a car using some sort of NOS system.  I can't wait to see if he comes back again in four years to solidify his status at the top.  After a conversation today with my brother-in-law, we realized that if Phelps continues to compete and win at the Olympics in the years to come, he could feasibly set a record that could never be broken.  That would mean that he would essentially be competing with himself from this point on.  I just have to say, here's a big hats off to Michael Phelps from everyone at J. Andrew Photography.  Thank you for representing the rest of us at the Olympics and truly giving it your all!

No comments: